An all time favorite breakfast treat that many people enjoy is oatmeal. It is a great source of fiber for our body as well as other nutrients that make us strong and healthy. It can also be enjoyed in many different ways as you can eat it together with fresh fruit or if you want you can also get some which come in a variety of flavors.
Oatmeal though can be very hot when served and sometimes you may forget this very important fact. There are many instances when people try to hold their bowl with their bare hands and they end up dropping the bowl full of oatmeal onto the floor and worse yet on their carpets.
Spilling oatmeal on your carpet is not something that you would want as it is really messy and can make the carpet look ugly and unsightly because of the stain that it will cause. Cleaning it up can be challenging but there are ways to make it a lot easier. Here’s what you can do to get your carpet back to normal.
• Use a spoon to scoop up the spilled oatmeal on the carpet. Do this carefully since you don’t want to make things worse by spreading the spill to unaffected areas of the carpet. Once you are done proceed to the next step.
• Get a paper towel and blot the area where the oatmeal spill occurred. This will help in removing more of the oatmeal particles so that you can concentrate more on the stain that the spill has caused.
• Prepare a homemade cleaning solution made out of household items that you can use. Just take a teaspoon of dish washing liquid and then add it to a cup of warm water and you already have for yourself a good cleaning solution for the problem on your carpet.
• Apply the solution you have prepared directly onto the oatmeal stain. Let it soak the stain for several minutes first before using a clean white cloth to again blot the affected area repeatedly. This will slowly lift the stain out of the carpet fibers and onto the surface of the cloth. Eventually, all of the stain will be gone.
• Use a cup of water to rinse the area where the oatmeal was spilled to help prevent any residue from getting left behind. Then, take some clean towels and then dry the area completely before using it again.